Dr. Mark Steinberg
Dr. Steinberg, N.D., has been in practice in Bellingham for over 30 years. As a general practitioner, working with patients from the pediatric to geriatric level, Dr. Steinberg brings his care and expertise to every aspect of naturopathic medicine.
Naturopathic Medicine is a system of health care that utilizes the inherent healing power of Nature, including each individual’s ability to heal themselves. A Naturopathic Physician (N.D.) is a general practitioner trained in the practice of Natural Medicine. Most insurance companies will cover our services.
Dr. Jess Ardern-Wilson
A 2014 graduate of Seattle's esteemed Bastyr University, Dr. Jess Ardern-Wilson, brings a fresh perspective to natural medicine in Bellingham, WA. Her main clinical areas of interest include women's health, cardiovascular disease and mental health, but Dr. Jess Ardern-Wilson, has experience working with a variety of conditions and in many areas of medicine.
The Principles of Natural Healing
The Naturopathic Physician will follow the principles of natural healing, which include the following:
- Use the body’s own ability to heal itself.
- Use the least invasive therapies in an attempt to eliminate the need for potentially harmful drugs or surgery.
- Individualize treatment recognizing the emotional and biochemical differences in us all.
- Identify and treat the cause, not just the symptoms.
- Prevention is the best treatment.
Naturopathic Physicians consult with all other health practitioners and will refer for treatment or diagnostic procedures when appropriate.