When we run standard laboratory testing at our clinic, it gets transferred onto a 10-page handout that will explain the tests, and if older tests are available from your records, they will be included for comparison.
This handout is yours to keep and will be explained by your doctor. You can view an example handout here.
What Laboratory Tests Are Included?
We start with standard chemistry tests, which include glucose, calcium, protein levels, liver and kidney function and ion levels, as well as red and white blood cell counts.
Other tests include:
- Extensive thyroid testing (if indicated)
- Heavy metal testing and hormonal studies via urine or blood
- Adrenal tests through saliva
- Food allergies and/or food sensitivity testing
- Comprehensive methods of testing for gluten and dairy
- Specialized Lyme disease tests, more inclusive than the local labs typically run
Since everybody is different, with different needs and symptoms, the first appointment will be used to decide what tests need to be run, and your doctor will schedule a follow-up appointment with you to discuss everything and set up an individualized testing program.